Established July 4, 1932, JAIFA is the former Life Underwriters' Association of Jamaica (LUAJ) and comprises over 800 members. It is the umbrella organisation representing sales representatives from all life companies, bancassurances, agencies and brokerage houses in Jamaica.
1. Jamaica Asso- ciation of Insurance and Financial Advisors (JAIFA) is the Professional Association of all Life Insurance and Financial Advisors.
2. The JAIFA issues membership cards to all its members who are in good standing with JAIFA . These be can used be used by members as an identification to companies that offer discounts to JAIFA members.
3. The JAIFA negotiates with General Insurance Companies to obtain concessionary rates of insurance for motor vehicles owned by members.
4. The JAIFA administers educational course through the Professional Development Institute governed by the Institute of Chartered Life Underwriters and Charted Financial Consultants.
5. The JAIFA is only means through which members are linked with the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table ( MDRT) and the Caribbean Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (CARAIFA).
6. The JAIFA maintain contact with Life Insurance Companies Association where the concerns of our members are aired during the joint meeting of both associations.
7. The JAIFA convenes Motivational Seminar for its member s
8. The JAIFA recognizes outstanding performances in the Life Insurance Industry who are duty re- warded and recognized at the Annual Sales Awards Function.
9. The JAIFA administer disciplinary actions against member who breach the Code of Ethics of the As- sociation.
10. The JAIFA is the duty recognized owner of premises at 72 Hope Road.
11. The JAIFA helps to develop the leadership skills of its member through its Board of Directors through which any member in good standing can aspire to reach.
12. The JAIFA involved itself in Community Activities.