How Jaifa Serve it's Members
The Jamaica Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors Limited (JAIFA) is a professional association, comprised of more than 800 members.
Members elect annually a Board of Directors consisting of approximately persons, (including Chapter Chairmen) to direct and run the affairs of the Association. A brief summary of JAIFA’s services and activities are:
- I. THE ASSOCIATION BUILDS PRESTIGE The Association enhances the image of each Insurance & Financial Advisor through its involvement in public service projects, eg. basic schools; the Golden Age Home; Dare to Care Hospice and University Scholarship programme. These programmes provide an opportunity for members to involve themselves effectively in community activities, demonstrating that they are willing to be of service to their fellowmen.
- II IMAGE BUILDING & RECOGNITION Active participation in the affairs of the Association gives the Insurance & Financial Advisor opportunity to “grow” as an individual, as a leader, as a professional and to be recognized for personal and group accomplishments. JAIFA Board provides supportive services for chapter officers and committees, to help them create a good image in their own community.
- III SELF IMPROVEMENT Meetings, seminars, conventions and informal exchange of current information sharpen members’ sales and service skills, keep them ahead of the parade and provide “dollar making” ideas.
- IV INSTITUTIONAL RECOGNITION JAIFA provides the opportunity for each member to qualify for any or all of the following: CARAIFA Activity Award, Quality Awards and Sales Achievement Award , Million Dollar Round Table , Production Member of the year and Association Member of the Year
- V EDUCATION & MARKETING PRACTICES JAIFA gives high priority to the development of marketing practices which are consistent with the concept of full-time career Insurance and Financial Advisors
- VI ETHICAL STANDARDS The JAIFA Code of Ethics is the moral principle or rules of conduct by which the members are guided. It helps members measure their personal performance against accepted and meaningful benchmarks of service, and gives us positive identification with the public
- VII INDUSTRY ORGANIZATION The Life Insurance business is influenced by several industry organizations. JAIFA believes it is necessary to interact actively with these bodies, in order to protect the interest of its members. These organizations include the Insurance & Financial Advisors Associations worldwide, Managers and General Agents Association (MGAA); the National Consumers League, the Caribbean Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors (CARAIFA): the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) and the Financial Services Commission (FSC).
- VIII ENDURING FRIENDSHIP JAIFA provides the opportunity for enduring friendship through its quarterly meetings, LUTCF classes, sales congresses, and its social activities programmes.
- VIIII HEADQUARTERS These beautiful surroundings with secretarial and study facilities are available to members of the Association..
- X PUBLIC RELATIONS JAIFA provides assistance to other associations in building better public understanding and acceptance of Insurance and Financial Advisors. This is achieved by representatives of the Association being guest speakers at service clubs, schools and national seminars and providing articles for the print media and special publications. The question is, can you really afford not to be a member of this professional association? Indeed you should be proud!